New practices and benchmarks in motion control safety for machine tools offer an improved level of personnel protection. A free, hour-long webinar presented by Siemens and Modern Machine Shop will provide an overview of best practices in the area of motion safety for machine tools.
Webinar attendees will gain insight into the importance of machine safety as well as how to understand and overcome compliance challenges for domestic and global machine safety standards. Primary topics include:
• introduction to motion control machine safety terminology;
• review of new and revised machine safety standards;
• overview of the risk assessment process;
• drive -based safety and integrated safety;
• basics of OEM & end-user acceptance testing of safety equipped machinery; and
• additional sources of information.
The webinar will include a question and answer session after the presentation. The presenter is Kevin Monnin, Consulting Applications Engineer for Siemens Industry, Inc. Mr. Monnin is a 30-year veteran of the machine tool industry with specialized experience in domestic and international standards related to the CNC machine tool industry. Since 2002, he has been actively involved in the introduction and acceptance of functional safety technology in the United States and Canada, working with both large and small machine tool OEMs and end-users.
The webinar is held at 2:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, May 3. Click here to learn more and to register.blog comments powered by Disqus