Derek Korn joined Modern Machine Shop in 2004, but has been writing about manufacturing since 1997. His mechanical engineering degree from the University of Cincinnati’s College of Applied Science provides a solid foundation for understanding and explaining how innovative shops apply advanced machining technologies. As you might gather from this photo, he’s the car guy of the MMS bunch. But his ’55 Chevy isn’t as nice as the hotrod he’s standing next to. In fact, his car needs a right-front fender spear if you know anybody willing to part with one.
- 2016 Benchmarking Executive Summary Now Online
- Using Additive Manufacturing to 3D-Print Fixturing, Machine Tool Components
- Using Collaborative Robots for Laser Scanning
- Video: What the Heck Is “Dengeling?”
- Why You Should Be Excited about a Boring App
- The Story Behind the Aluminum Top Shops Logo
- What’s Photo-Activated Adhesive Workholding?
- Easing the Integration of Robotic Automation
- Technology That Enables You To Get A Grip
- Access the 2016 Top Shops Executive Summary
- 3+2 Machining Adds Up for Top Shops
- Using Benchmarking to Establish a Path to Machine Shop Success