A longstanding tradition at Amerimold is the announcement of the Top 10 Reasons to Be a Moldmaker. This list, a tongue-in-cheek “rationale” for embracing this worthy career, is compiled for each show from entries submitted by readers of MoldMaking Technology, a sponsor of Amerimold. At Amerimold 2012 (June 13-14 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan) these 10 reasons will be presented on a custom-printed T-shirt, which will be available to show attendees who stop by the MoldMaking Technology (Booth 130) to complete a simple industry survey.
Of course, the reasons to attend Amerimold number a lot more than 10. The show features 117 exhibitors and numerous conference presentations, including keynote addresses delivered by Joe Gibbs Racing, Roush and the Reshoring Initiative. For more details about Amerimold, click here.
Now back to the top 10 reasons. Here they are:
10. You are equipped to follow your Mom’s advice: “You gotta mold your own destiny, son!!”
9. Nobody asks you to help build anything because it takes you an hour to cut a 2 × 4 that’s 10.000000” long.
8. Grease underneath your fingernails is a “manicure.”
7. When you drive to work, there is no traffic.
6. You get to work with “Precious Metal’s” daily.
5. Trouble finders are able to get into deep chip.
4. You save money on auto repair by turning your own brake rotors.
3. I'm improving your way of life. Trust me!
2. The microorganisms growing in the coolant help boost immunity.
And the #1 reason to be a moldmaker is:
It was moldmaking or jail!