GEAR Production is a new publication offered as a supplement to Modern Machine Shop and Automotive Design & Production. Now anyone who wants to see the first edition of this supplement can open its electronic version here for free.
This new publication is a supplement in the sense that it brings additional, "bonus" content about gear production to subscribers of these magazines. However, there is another way to look at this first issue. It's about seeing a gear production as a supplement to your manufacturing operations.
For automakers and their suppliers, meeting the demand for more and better gears will require an expansion of gear production in this country. These companies will have to aggressively supplement current capacity with more and better gear production equipment to keep up. Likewise, all companies that perform metalworking operations now have new options for producing gears on machining resources such as multitasking machining centers. These developments represent an opportunity to supplement, even transform, their businesses.
Read this issue to discover....
- The new technology that is transforming the process and business of making gears.
- The proliferation of hybrid vehicles and step-gear transmissions.
- Three approaches to making high-quality, cost-competitive gears.
- The changing landscape of small- and medium-batch gear production.
- The promising results of replacing steel with carbon fiber composites in hybrid gears.
Also included is a special “Products on Display” section for the Gear Expo, September 17-19, 2013 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.blog comments powered by Disqus