The IMTS balloon made a recent appearance during The MFG Meeting
at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix.
These assertions apply equally well to the 2014 International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) and the IMTS hot air balloon, which serves to promote this important industry event and this important message: Manufacturing is clearly on the rise in the Americas.
IMTS show management has announced that the IMTS balloon will appear at festivals across the country leading up to its appearance at IMTS, which takes place Sept. 8 to 13 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
“The IMTS balloon is an important visual object that supports our brand, big enough to be seen from a distance, and interesting enough to draw people closer,” says Peter R. Eelman, vice president – exhibition and communications at AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology. “As long-time IMTS visitors arrive at the South Building and see the balloon outside Chicago’s McCormick Place they break into smiles and say, ‘It's IMTS time!’ For new visitors it’s a visually striking and unexpected image.”
The balloon can be seen at:
- Kentucky Derby Kickoff - April 24-26, Louisville, Ky.
- Chester Valley Balloon Festival - June 13-15, West Chester, Pa. (AMT Chairman's event)
- Great Galena Balloon Race - June 20-22, Galena, Ill.
- Michigan Challenge - June 27-29, Howell, Mich.
- Mid-USA Ohio Balloon Challenge - July 11-20, Middletown, Ohio
- AMT Summer Board Meeting - July 18-20, White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.
- Quick Chek Festival of Ballooning - July 25-27, Readington, N.J.
- Midwest Balloon Festival - Aug. 8-10, Kansas City, Kan.
- IMTS 2014 and Rally Fighters - Sept. 8-13, Chicago, Ill.
- Balloon Fiesta - Oct. 4-12, Albuquerque, N.M.
See what you missed at IMTS!
Check out IMTSTV for segments about the show and what’s new in the world of manufacturing technology, then watch Shop Talk to get the Modern Machine Shop editors’ take on IMTS, the trends they’re seeing, and what’s coming next in your industry.
Learn More about IMTS