The Additive Manufacturing Workshop is a new event debuting at IMTS this year. The half-day workshop to be held September 9 will focus on the use of 3D printing technologies to make functional components and end-use parts. Speakers scheduled to appear include various people and companies we’ve covered in the Additive Manufacturing supplement to Modern Machine Shop. They include:
- Craig Blue of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, speaking on the latest developments in additive at Oak Ridge. (It was Ryan Dehoff, who works with him at Oak Ridge, who was quoted in this article.)
- Jon Baklund of Baklund R&D, speaking on additive manufacturing in the job shop.
- Lou Young of Linear Mold, speaking on additive manufacturing for mold making.
- Michael Hayes of Boeing, speaking on polymeric additive manufacturing in aerospace.
- Greg Morris (pictured), formerly an additive manufacturing business owner and now Additive Technologies Leader with GE. He will answer questions about the promise and practicality of additive manufacturing.
For more about the Additive Manufacturing Workshop—and to register—go here.
IMTS 2016 is right around the corner!
Now is the time to register for IMTS 2016, which runs September 12-17 in Chicago, Illinois. As the show approaches, please check our IMTS 2016 Zone for new product updates. We will also have information about new technology, pavilions to explore and conference information. In the meantime, check out IMTSTV for segments about the show and what’s new in the world of manufacturing technology.
Learn More about IMTS