The Additive Manufacturing Workshop is a new event debuting at IMTS this year. The half-day workshop to be held September 9 will focus on the use of 3D printing technologies to make functional components and end-use parts. Speakers scheduled to appear include various people and companies we’ve covered in the Additive Manufacturing supplement to Modern Machine Shop. They include:
- Craig Blue of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, speaking on the latest developments in additive at Oak Ridge. (It was Ryan Dehoff, who works with him at Oak Ridge, who was quoted in this article.)
- Jon Baklund of Baklund R&D, speaking on additive manufacturing in the job shop.
- Lou Young of Linear Mold, speaking on additive manufacturing for mold making.
- Michael Hayes of Boeing, speaking on polymeric additive manufacturing in aerospace.
- Greg Morris (pictured), formerly an additive manufacturing business owner and now Additive Technologies Leader with GE. He will answer questions about the promise and practicality of additive manufacturing.
For more about the Additive Manufacturing Workshop—and to register—go here.
More technology – a lot more!
IMTS 2014 will be the year’s largest showcase of new product technologies and new process innovations. If you’re looking for machining, tooling, systems, software, solutions and more, you’ll find it at IMTS 2014.
Learn More about IMTS 2014
for IMTS 2014