The IMTS 2000 e-Planner From Modern Machine Shop
One of the great clichés of the Internet Age has been that the Web will replace all or part of the trade show.
Well, it just might, but not in our lifetimes.
However, what the Web can and does do is add value. That pertains particularly to trade shows, and most especially to the grandpa of ’em all: IMTS. Want proof?
The IMTS 2000 e-Planner from Modern Machine Shop adds value by making IMTS 2000 a more efficient and personal experience. You can find it online at www.imts.com or bagged with a copy of this issue as a CD-ROM. For a more valuable IMTS experience, check out the following features:
- An Agenda Planner allows you to select and prepare a customized itinerary of the show, categorized as you see fit. The agenda can be saved, printed and revised.
- Do you have a specific technology in mind? What about specific suppliers? The e-Planner has you covered with a comprehensive Exhibitor Listing of the companies at IMTS, where they are, and what they’re doing.
- On the Web site, the On Display section offers a searchable repository of products, services and the latest metalworking technologies presented at IMTS 2000 from the editors of Modern Machine Shop.
- The About Show section of the e-Planner offers a “show-load” of info relevant to getting you around McCormick Place—a map, general show information, and a complete list of the SME Conference schedule.
- Of course, no trip to IMTS is complete without a sojourn through downtown Chicago and her many sights. The About Show section helps you tackle that as well, with a complete listing of things to do after the show shuts down for the day. There’s also a section for finding out about hotels and transportation. (Note from the editor: If you’re reading this and don’t have a place to stay in Chicago during IMTS yet, then even the Internet might not be able to help you.)
For added convenience, the IMTS 2000 e-Planner will also be available at kiosks throughout the show and in the Modern Machine Shop booth (B-CL78).
As if all this isn’t enough, there’s even more.
During the show, the Modern Machine Shop staff will be bringing the IMTS floor to cyberspace with updates, technology coverage and a few surprises added to the IMTS e-Planner.
The IMTS 2000 e-Planner represents media improving the manufacturing experience through efficiency. — AJS
Win A New PT Cruiser From Modern Machine Shop At IMTS!
Going to IMTS? Need a ride home? Well, stop by the Modern Machine Shop booth (B-CL78) and register to win a brand-spankin' new Chrysler PT Cruiser. There's nothing to buy. Just register for the drawing and keep your fingers crossed.
For more info, check out MMS' ad in the IMTS e-Planner. And GOOD LUCK! — AJS
August Job Shop Site Of The Month
The JSSOTM will return post-IMTS (in the September OTW). — AJS
Want your shop or plant considered for Job Shop Site of the Month? Send your site's URL to email@example.com with OTW Site Of The Month in the subject line. Please—job shops only.
August '00 MMS
Oh, c'mon! What the heck do you think it's about?. It's our special IMTS 2000 issue, full to the brim with all things IMTS 2000.
To get MODERN MACHINE SHOP magazine, visit our Subscription Page.
Up Next Month: In September '00, MODERN MACHINE SHOP will feature Turning as its Emphasis, and Wire EDM as the Spotlight topic. MMS' Tech Digest will bring you the latest Cutting technology and products.
To get MODERN MACHINE SHOP magazine, visit our Subscription Page.blog comments powered by Disqus