Six Manufacturing Leaders Elected to the 2013 SME College of Fellows
The 2013 class joins the more than 360 other SME members who have been elected as fellows since the program’s inception in 1986 and represents various segments of manufacturing.
SME has elected six outstanding members to its prestigious College of Fellows. The 2013 class joins the more than 360 other SME members who have been elected as fellows since the program’s inception in 1986 and represents various segments of manufacturing. The 2013 fellows will be honored at SME’s Fall Awards and Installation Banquet, held in Dearborn, Mich., November 9.
An SME Fellow is a member recognized by their peers and the manufacturing community as key contributors to the social, technical and educational progress of manufacturing. This honor can only be earned through 20 or more years of dedication and service to manufacturing.
Here's a list of the 2013 Class of SME fellows:
- M. Helmi Attia, PhD, FSME, manager of advanced material removal processes, Aerospace Manufacturing, National Research Council Canada, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Doug Genord, FSME, technical fellow, The Boeing Co., Federal Way, Wash.
- John W. Gillespie Jr., PhD, FSME, director, University of Delaware Center for Composite Materials, Newark, Del.
- Vincent W. Howell Sr., FSME, CMfgE, Manager, information security and policy, Corning Inc., Corning, N.Y.
- Yeau-Ren Jeng, PhD, FSME, Endowed chair professor and executive V.P., National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Bert Lauwers, FSME, Professor, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
SME members worldwide are encouraged to nominate members who have made a notable impact in the field of manufacturing. The deadline for 2013 Fellow nominations is December 1, 2013. Selection criteria include leadership in industry, education, research and development, inventions publications and/or service to the profession. Visit sme.org/fellows to download a nomination form.