SME Elects New Members of the College of Fellows
Six new fellows have been recognized by the organization.
Modern Machine Shop
SME has appointed six new members to its College of Fellows, which honors members who have 20 or more years of service in the organization and have made outstanding social, technological or educational contributions to the manufacturing profession. The 2013 class of SME fellows will be honored at the organization’s fall banquet, to be held November 9, in Dearborn, Michigan. The new fellows are:
- M. Helmi Attia, manager of advanced material removal processes, aerospace manufacturing, for the National Research Council Canada in Montreal, Quebec
- Doug Genord, technical fellow at The Boeing Co. in Federal Way, Washington
- John W. Gillespie Jr., director of the University of Delaware Center for Composite Materials in Newark, Delaware
- Vincent W. Howell Sr., manager of information security and policy at Corning in Corning, New York
- Yeau-Ren Jeng, endowed chair professor and executive vice president of the National Chung Cheng University in Taiwan
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Bert Lauwers, professor and chair of science and technology at KU Leauven, Thomas More in Leuven, Belgium
SME members can submit nominations for 2014 fellows at sme.org/fellows before December 1, 2013.