A Special Message from
Flow International Corporation
INNOVATION | EXPERTISE | COMMITMENT
Waterjet is the world’s most versatile machining process, and is used in countless industries. In many instances, waterjet has replaced more traditional processes because it does the job faster, better, or more efficiently.
The benefits of waterjet are many:
· Cuts any material, in any thickness, including metal, stone, tile, plastic, foam, rubber, composites, food, and paper
· Minimal set up and fixturing
· No heat-affected zone; allows tight nesting
· Dynamic Waterjet™ by FLOW produces more precise parts than conventional waterjet and cuts up to 25-400% faster
· Easy to use; FlowMaster® software requires only very basic Windows® PC knowledge
Flow International Corporation is the world leader in waterjet technology and manufacturing, and a total systems supplier. Waterjet is our core business and we are committed to providing the highest quality products and highest level of service to our customers, including in-house technical support and customer service, available 24/7.
Acclaimed for its power, speed, and versatility, ultrahigh-pressure (UHP) waterjet technology has experienced a steady surge in popularity across many industries. UHP waterjet systems cut quickly and accurately through virtually all materials from food and paper products to composites, steel, and exotic metals.
As with most technologies, a waterjet system is only as good as its provider.
To achieve the best results for your business, you need the highest quality system from a reliable manufacturer, one you can trust to provide dependable support and service. That’s why customers worldwide trust their business to Flow.
Flow is recognized as the world leader in the development and manufacture of waterjet technology. In fact, we’ve delivered over 8,500 Flow waterjet systems to customers in 45 countries around the world, more than all other suppliers combined. One reason we are recognized as the leader is that we have introduced every major waterjet innovation since our founding in the mid 1970’s. More importantly, it’s because customers know they can count on us. They know we deliver the most technologically advanced systems available and back up every system we sell with the most extensive customer support network in the industry.
At Flow, we pride ourselves on being first in everything we do.
- First founded in 1974.
- First to invent the abrasive waterjet in 1979 with a team led by Dr. Mohamed Hashish (Patent Number 4,648,215 granted in 1985).
- First to introduce abrasive waterjet cutting of composites and exotic metals to the aerospace industry in the mid 1980s.
- First to introduce the most efficient abrasive waterjet system - PASER® 3 – designed to provide optimal abrasive usage and the fastest possible cut speeds with the lowest cost per inch. First to introduce an intensifier with ceramic plungers – the ESL Intensifier – to double seal life and increase waterjet reliability for our customers.
- First and only Total Systems Solutions provider: we design, build and support all the critical components of our waterjet systems.
- First to provide a full range of machines from small, fully-enclosed waterjets to multi-axes systems large enough to machine aircraft wings.
- First to introduce Windows®-based intelligent waterjet programming and control software – FlowMaster® - to the industry.
- First to introduce intensifier pumps operating at 60,000 psi.
- First to develop the state-of-the-art WMC™, a completely modular and expandable abrasive waterjet system with a 60,000 psi operating pressure pump for highly productive waterjet cutting.
- First to introduce ultrahigh-pressure direct drive pumps—achieving 50,000 psi by 1997 and 55,000 psi in 2000.
- First to introduce the 87,000 psi intensifier pump, enabling our customers to operate the industry’s most competitive waterjet systems.
- First to reach operating pressures of 100,000 psi – expanding our core competency in ultrahigh-pressure technology with hyper-pressure pumps that enable partner companies to make foods safer and waterjet cutting even more productive.