Explore the Conferences at IMTS 2018: An Overview
In addition to the IMTS 2018 exhibits, there are also nine different conferences over four days led by experts across the industry. Ranging from IIOT to additive manufacturing,
It is no secret that there is a lot going on at IMTS 2018. The show floor alone is 1.3 million net ft2 of exhibit space to navigate. Along with the show, there are also many conferences and events to delve deeper into industry trends and issues.
Here is a quick run-down of the conferences taking place during the show:
The four-day IMTS Conference, produced by AMT and GIE Media, is presenting 70 conference sessions on a variety of technical topics.
IMTS Conference sessions are divided into broad categories:
- Manufacturing Process Innovations
- Alternative/Additive Manufacturing
- Plant Operations
- Systems Integration/Industry 4.0/IIoT
Register for the IMTS Conference here: imts.com/show/reg.html
There are eight additional conferences co-located at the show as well:
- The Integrated Industries Conference, presented in combination with Hannover Messe USA, takes place on Tuesday, Sept. 11. The conference is a platform for a variety of topics like IAMD, ComVac and SurfaceTechnology.
- The Additive Manufacturing Conference, presented by Gardner Business Media, takes place from Tuesday, Sept. 11 to Wednesday, Sept. 12. This conference takes an applications-based approach to machines, materials, and methodologies for use in industrial part production.
- The AppliedAM Conference, presented by EOS North America, is held on Wednesday, Sept. 12, and features presenters talking about additive manufacturing solutions from a variety of industries.
- The Global Automation Manufacturing Summit (GAMS), presented by Hannover Messe USA, takes place on Wednesday, Sept. 12. Attendees hear updates on industry issues like IIoT systems and cybersecurity.
- The Industrial Laser Workshop, presented by Laser Institute of America, takes place on Wednesday, Sept. 12, and features industrial applications of lasers.
- The OPC Foundation Conference, presented by Hannover Messe USA, takes place on Thursday, Sept. 13. Operation Technology and IT are brought together at this event to discuss topics like interoperability for data and information exchange.
- The Top Shops Workshop, presented by Gardner Business Media and Modern Machine Shop, takes place on Thursday, Sept. 13. Leading shops of all specialties come together to celebrate their contributions and learn from each other.
- Digital Transformation Conference, presented by Women in Big Data, takes place Thursday, Sept.13, and offers tips and tricks on extracting the value of data to give job shops and enterprises the competitive advantage.