All-Inclusive Automation: January 2017 Digital Edition
The latest issue of Modern Machine Shop covers topics such as high-mix automation, multitasking machines, JIMTOF 2016 and the new Top Shops 2017 survey.
Read the January digital edition by clicking on the photo above.
Learn how the right mindset, the right five-axis technology, and an intuitive approach to palletization have helped one mold shop extend automated control to the majority of its high-mix work. Read the full story on page 70.
Also in this issue:
- How Siemens Norwood in Ohio replaced a welding process to create rotor cooling channels with multitasking machining from a solid forging to improve induction motor vibration qualities and overall rotor production speed;
- A look at the Japan International Machine Tool Fair (JIMTOF) and its strong embrace of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT);
- How additive manufacturing increases milling feed rates;
- Reasons to take the seventh-annual Top Shops benchmarking survey; and
- Using robots for more than just machine tending.
Access these stories and more in our January 2017 digital edition.