Discover Your Path to Success at IMTS 2018
The August digital edition previews the International Manufacturing Technology Show.
The August digital edition of Modern Machine Shop is a special issue devoted to previewing the technology on display at the International Manufacturing Technology Show—the largest manufacturing technology show in North America. The product previews are divided into the following categories:
- Milling Machines – Includes machining centers, hybrid additive machines and machines for tapping, gundrilling and gear skiving.
- Turning Centers – Includes turning centers, vertical lathes, Swiss-type lathes and multi-spindle machines.
- EDM Equipment – Includes wire EDMs, EDM drills and accessories.
- Grinding and Abrasive Machining – Includes grinding machines and tools, deburring machines and blasting equipment.
- Cutting Tools and Tooling – Includes tools, spindles, machining heads and toolholders.
- Workholding and Handling – Includes clamps and vises, robots and automation, pallet changers and bar feeders.
- Systems and Software – Includes CAD/CAM and ERP software, CNCs, sensors and IIoT systems.
- Fabricating – Includes laser, waterjet and plasma-cutting equipment, welders and saws.
- Additive Manufacturing – Includes 3D printers and related equipment.
- Inspection and Measuring – Includes CMMs, gages, optical sensors and roughness measuring equipment.
- Miscellaneous Equipment – Includes special-purpose machinery, machining fluids, chip management, components and shopfloor equipment.
The digital edition also includes an outline of the trends and lessons we expect attendees to take away from the show. It focuses on four main themes: automation, additive manufacturing, machining technology and data-driven manufacturing.
Show-related commentary focuses on gaining a sense of renewal at the biennial event, thinking about “radical automation” and attending our Top Shops Workshop during the show to learn how to grow your machining business and become more profitable.