Special 90th Anniversary Issue
The June 2018 digital edition of Modern Machine Shop covers topics such as die/mold machining and circle-segment tools. This issue also looks back at nine decades of covering machining practices.
To celebrate Modern Machine Shop’s 90th anniversary, the editors put together nine consecutive articles that consider developments and technologies that have been important through each of the nine decades of the magazine’s industry coverage. In this special collection, the editors look beyond just epochal or event-defining issues of the magazine in favor or “regular” issues because the magazine has always sought to be relevant and helpful to the metalworking business leaders and professionals of the time. Read through our historic coverage.
Also in this issue of Modern Machine Shop:
- A brief history of Modern Machine Shop, Gardner Business Media and our contribution to the industry by Richard Kline, Chairman and CEO, Gardner Business Media.
- The circle-segment cutter represents a class of milling tool in which the CAM software is key for using the tool effectively. A CAM company engineer discusses the role of this tooling.
- An unusual opportunity led a maker of die-cast dies to reconsider its emphasis on hard milling and take another look at its use of EDM.
- In addition to the right mix of traditional strategies, a new lean manufacturing toolkit can make high-mix, low-volume machining faster, more predictable and less expensive.
- Learn how one shop used enterprise resource planning software to improve its quoting process and enable off-site management.