Bourn & Koch Adds Distributors of Gear Hobbers, Shapers, Grinders
The company has selected five companies to expand its sales and support network across the Midwest, West and Northwest United States as well as Alberta, Canada.
Bourn & Koch (Rockford, Illinois) manufacturer of new precision machine tools including Bourn & Koch gear hobbers, Fellows gear shapers, Blanchard surface grinders, and Springfield vertical grinders, is expanding its distributor network for these brands across the United States and Canada. The company has selected CNC Solutions, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Lake Shore Machinery Sales, Machine Toolworks and J.M. Grisley to expand its sales and support network across the Midwest, West and Northwest United States as well as Alberta, Canada.
- CNC Solutions will represent Northern California and Northern Nevada, offering new Blanchard surface grinders and Springfield vertical grinders to these markets as well as supporting the sales and service of remanufactures and rebuilds performed by Bourn & Koch for customers in CNC Solutions territory.
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, will represent Colorado, New Mexico and Eastern Wyoming. The company delivers complete application and service support by Certified Manufacturing Technology Sales Engineer (CMTSE) staff. AME will be selling new machine tools for Bourn & Koch including Bourn & Koch gear hobbers, Fellows gear shapers, Blanchard surface grinders and Springfield vertical grinders. It will also handle sales for remanufactures and rebuilds for Bourn & Koch.
- Lake Shore Machinery Sales will sell Bourn & Koch gear hobbers, Fellows gear shapers, Blanchard surface grinders and Springfield vertical grinders to the Indiana, Western Michigan, and Western Ohio markets.
- Machine Toolworks Inc., a family-owned distributorship with headquarters in Seattle and international operations in Canada, will offer new Blanchard surface grinders and Springfield vertical grinders to Washington, Oregon, Northern Idaho and Alberta for Bourn & Koch in addition to remanufactures and rebuilds.
- J.M. Grisley, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, will represent Blanchard surface grinding and Springfield vertical grinding for Bourn & Koch in Utah, Southern Idaho, Montana and Western Wyoming.
If one must pick a manufacturing specialty, grinding carbide might not be the first choice because it’s perceived to be very difficult. RPM Carbide Die, however, has worked the material for nearly 40 years and, as specializing seems increasingly to be the order of the day, this northern Ohio shop is in a good position to thrive.
No other process can do what creep-feed grinding can do. Recent tests show even more can be gained by optimizing every element of a creep-feed system.
Because creep-feed grinding is essentially a milling process, why not use a VMC? A grinding machine supplier describes how a VMC platform can make creep-feed grinding more effective.