J.W. Winco Celebrates 40 Years in Standard Parts Manufacturing
On its 40th anniversary, J.W. Winco looks back on successful partnerships, a redesigned logo, increased business and more.
J.W. Winco Inc., based in New Berlin, Wisconsin, is celebrating its 40th anniversary. Since its beginnings in 1978, the family-owned company has provided products for the standard parts industry. The company saw North American sales increase in 2017 and has seen continued growth in 2018.
Over the past 10 years, the company has increased capacities to fulfill the demand experienced by expanding staff and sales channels in the United States, Canada and Mexico. It now has more than 60,000 SKUs in stock and has introduced over 500 new and expanded series of inch- and metric-size standard product offerings. The company has also expanded its shop, assembly and machining facility to improve its capabilities and flexibility for upgrading and delivering special customer requests, even in small quantities.
In the recent past, Ganter, a global manufacturer of standard parts since 1894, formed a partnership with J.W. Winco, which officially became part of A Ganter Co. in 2009, expanding its capabilities and solidifying resources globally.
J.W. Winco is also committed to environmental stewardship, installing a green roof system on its New Berlin facility in 2013 as part of the company’s effort to reduce its carbon footprint and manage rainwater efficiently.
In 2017, J.W. Winco launched a new logo and mobile-responsive website designed for customer navigation and usability. “Winco’s new logo evolved from the previous look, depicting the face and mane of a lion with stylized shapes of products that Winco sells,” says Chief Technology Officer Robert Winkler. “The lion represents strength and leadership, two qualities the company continues to integrate into all aspects of business.”