Alfing Now Offers SHW Machining Centers
Alfing Corp. has expanded its product line to include machining centers from SHW. The machines include:
- The UniSpeed, a compact, multitasking machining center designed for high-efficiency milling and turning.
- The TightBlock, a compact machine requiring no special foundation and featuring a full enclosure.
- The PowerSpeed, a large universal milling machine capable of milling and boring large parts. Designed particularly for long workpieces, the machine spindle is said to cover its long travels with speed and precision.
- The UniForce, a travelling-column machine suited to large workpieces.
- The PowerForce, combining power, dynamics and precision, according to the company. The PowerForce 8 comes with an integrated, continuously positioning C axis.
- The PowerBridge, a vertical gantry milling machine, whose high rigidity enables five-sided machining of engine blocks in the upright position.
While aluminum molds are commonly used to create prototypes or to serve as stopgap bridge tooling, they are starting to receive greater attention for production work. This shop’s approach to creating aluminum molds in one day to three weeks is the same for each of these situations.
Milling complex forms in hardened tool steel involves more than just fast, light cuts, says this maker of medical-related injection molds. Here are some of the ingredients of an effective hard milling process.
The force that holds the toolholder in the machining center's spindle can weaken over time. If you haven't checked drawbar force in a while, this may be the weak link in your process.