Milling Postprocessor Supports Sinumerik 808D Control
CNC Software, producer of Mastercam CAD/CAM software, has released a postprocessor for three-axis and four-axis milling machines designed with help from Siemens CNC engineers, that provides support for Siemens’ Sinumerik 808D CNCs.
CNC Software’s three- and four-axis milling postprocessor, developed in collaboration with Siemens CNC engineers, is said to promote higher productivity for Sinumerik-controlled machine tools. The postprocessor provides three- and four-axis support for Mastercam 2019 CAD/CAM software, produced by CNC Software, and Sinumerik 808D CNCs from Siemens.
The postprocessor includes:
- Cycle 832 support for high speed settings
- Work offset support matching control capabilities
- 808D optimized drilling cycles (Cycle 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 840), with full four-axis support
- Numerical tool call with offset D#
- TOFFR functionality to support cutter compensation wear strategy
- Optimized multi-axis tool path using the FGROUP and FGREF commands
- A Siemens application guide
Today, computer numerical control (CNC) machines are found almost everywhere, from small job shops in rural communities to Fortune 500 companies in large urban areas.
This concept examines the sequences of operation of a CNC machine by way of reference material related to key operational procedures.
This perspective for a good programmer is a practical one, since the CNC operator must understand the machine's basic components, its directions of motion, and all buttons and switches available on the machine tool itself.