Industrial Press Inc.
32 Haviland Street, Suite 3
South Norwalk , CT 06854 US
Hammer’s Blueprint Reading Basics, 4th edition
Warren Hammer’s Blueprint Reading Basics has been a bestselling classic for nearly two decades, revered for its ease of understanding and for giving readers opportunities to practice what they learned. With this historic revision, new author Charles Gillis has updated the entire package, replacing ALL figures with CAD-generated artwork, adding new illustrations, representing metric drawing practices alongside English, and including content from drawing standards such as Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Engineering Drawing Practices, Welding Symbols, Orthographic and Pictorial Views, Surface Texture, Undimensioned Drawings, and Types and Applications of Engineering Drawings, among others.
- Material has been rearranged for better presentation and an improved reader experience.
- Chapters on views, dimensions, surface finish, threads, and gears have been expanded, while new material on splines and cam prints has been added.
- Brand new chapters covering welding symbols and welded parts, sheet metal parts, and cast, forged, and molded plastic parts will be of particular interest to readers working with these processes.
- Each chapter contains a thorough explanation of the topic at hand, accompanied by detailed professional drawings, review questions, and corresponding worksheets.
- This groundbreaking work now features a broad presentation of metric drawing standards and internationally recognized symbols, making it a truly global reference.
AnInstructor’s Resource Kit (sold separately) includes:
- Over 600 PowerPoint presentation slides for using the book in the classroom. The arrangement mirrors the book and can be customized by instructors.
- Blueprint Reading Course Recommended Syllabus and Lesson Plans, to be customized to suit each instructor’s needs.
- PDFs of Selected Figures and Tables.
- PDFs of Review Questions and Answers.
- PDFs of Worksheet Problems and Solutions.
A Message from Industrial Press Inc.
As Seen In Modern Machine Shop
Industrial Press Publishes 31st Edition of "Machinery's Handbook"
The content has been expanded by nearly 100 pages in the 31st edition, offering close to 3,000 pages.
Workbook Provides Lessons and Exercises to Teach 3D Modeling
Westec 2017: Industrial Press, a publisher of technical books for engineering, technology and manufacturing, will feature its “AutoCAD 3D Modeling Exercise Workbook.”
Handbook Provides Metalworking Reference Material
Industrial Press offers the 29th edition of Machinery’s Handbook.