From Media to Manufacturing
Video producers with no previous knowledge of CNC discover the power and possibilities of modern machine tool technology. Their example says something about where manufacturing talent might come from, and also about the importance of manufacturing as a whole.
Clamping Options for Five-Axis Machining
In five-axis machining, the workholding has to get out of the way. The wrong choice of clamping risks collision and can obscure one of the principal benefits of a five-axis machine.
These Coolant Videos Are Cool
Haas Automation has created a series of educational videos on proper coolant maintenance. The mix of animated graphics and how-to demos is just right (just like the mix of coolant concentrate and water should be).
Machine Shops’ Most Important Needs Are Universal
Haas Automation describes its international strategy.In manufacturing, says a company leader, the most important factors are physical and economic considerations that are independent of nationality.
Get Ready for Growth
Making good parts is one thing, but making good parts in a process that is scalable is something different. Here is how one manufacturer rethought its production to prepare for opportunity.
The Challenges of Machining Glass-Filled Plastics
Plastics reinforced with glass present more machining variables to manage than conventional metals. This shop has developed a process to overcome those challenges and has become more adroit at short-run work along the way.
Video: How to Machine Soft Jaws
Haas Automation produced this excellent video on how to cut soft jaws for turning operations. These fundamentals aren’t just for first-timers: Even those who are so experienced that they practice 80 percent of fundamentals can still benefit from a refresher on the remaining 20 percent.
For students considering a career in manufacturing: This virtual field trip to the biggest manufacturing event in North America shows the manufacturing technology used to make components for bikes, a jet boat and the Mars rover.