Cylindrical Grinding Machines Equipped with A Axis

Available from United Grinding, the Studer S41 and S22 cylindrical grinding machines now feature an A axis for thread grinding.

New Product Announcements From: 2/20/2014 Modern Machine Shop

Click Image to Enlarge

Available from United Grinding, the Studer S41 and S22 cylindrical grinding machines now feature an A axis for thread grinding. According to the company, about 75 percent of all desired thread types can be achieved using axis-parallel thread grinding processes, but a tilting grinding wheel in the A axis adapted to the thread pitch angle is necessary for the remaining 25 percent. Equipping the grinding machines with an additional A-axis module thus enables grinding complex thread geometries with large pitches without the need for a special machine. The setup is said to increase productivity, reduce machinery requirements and limit the processing time of tools in production.

When equipped with the A-axis module, the universal cylindrical grinding machines can perform thread grinding as well as complete machining operations in a single clamping for greater precision and faster cycle times. According to the company, they are capable of combination cylindrical and thread grinding, including internal threads, within specified tolerance limits. The company’s StuderThread software is capable of compensating for angular pitches with cannot be tilted to the full extent due to the risk of collision between wheel arbor and bore. The machines can also be equipped with two A axes if desired, so that one grinding wheel can be used for rough grinding from solid and the second can be used for fine grinding. Applications include multiple-start threads, internal and external thread gages, extruder shafts, step and centering drills, and more.

LEARN MORE

Related Suppliers

United Grinding North America, Inc.

Zones

Supplier Categories

MMS ONLINE
Channel Partners
  • Techspex