Peter Zelinski has been a writer and editor for Modern Machine Shop for two decades. One of the aspects of this work that he enjoys the most is visiting machining facilities to learn about the manufacturing technology, systems and strategies they have adopted, and the successes they’ve realized as a result. Pete earned his degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Cincinnati, and he first learned about machining by running and programming machine tools in a metalworking laboratory within GE Aircraft Engines (now GE Aviation). Pete is also the editor-in-chief of Additive Manufacturing magazine.
- Promise Seen in the Shift from Portfolio to Platform
- Job Shop’s Peg System Simplifies CMM Inspection
- Ultrasonic Technology Poised for Advance into General Machining
- Economies of Usable Cutting Tool Edges
- Additive Manufacturing Belongs in a Machine Shop
- Answering, “It’s Not What We Do”
- Applications Advance for Solid Ceramic End Mills
- Video: Custom Workholding for Tool Regrinding
- Why the Surge in HMCs?
- Appliance-Like Device Quickly Inspects 3D Parts on the Shop Floor
- Video: Bar Puller for CNC Lathe
- Titan Launches Machining Tutorial Website