Industrial Press Publishes 31st Edition of "Machinery's Handbook"
The content has been expanded by nearly 100 pages in the 31st edition, offering close to 3,000 pages.
Industrial Press Inc. has published the 31st edition of the Machinery’s Handbook. The book, an engineering resource and reference for manufacturing, provides information appropriate for engineers, designers, drafters, metalworkers, toolmakers, machinists, educators, students and hobbyists.
In this edition, all ASME and ANSI standards material has been reconfirmed and revised to provide the latest industry specifications, including the ASME Y14.5-2018 standard. A team of technical experts, educators, editors and illustrators has contributed to new, revised and updated text, tables, equations and figures. The book is available in toolbox, large-print and digital formats.
The content has been expanded by nearly 100 pages in the 31st edition, offering close to 3,000 pages. Highlights include:
- Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes.
- Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, o-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
- Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
- Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
- Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
- Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
- Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.