| 1 MINUTE READ

Video: How to Machine Soft Jaws

Haas Automation produced this excellent video on how to cut soft jaws for turning operations. These fundamentals aren’t just for first-timers: Even those who are so experienced that they practice 80 percent of fundamentals can still benefit from a refresher on the remaining 20 percent.

Share

Facebook Share Icon LinkedIn Share Icon Twitter Share Icon Share by EMail icon Print Icon

Haas Automation produced this excellent video on how to cut soft jaws for turning operations. The video covers boring, grooving and deburring of soft jaws, after describing how to find the the right jaw height, jaw position and clamping pressure.

Fundamentals aren’t just for first-timers. Even those who are so experienced that they practice 80 percent of fundamentals can still benefit from a refresher on the remaining 20 percent. For that reason, this video is worth the time (under 15 minutes) for practically anyone who uses soft jaws for workholding. 

�

�

RELATED CONTENT

  • Bar Puller Basics

    Bar pullers are cost-effective alternatives to enable automated turning on CNC lathes. This article explains how they work and how shops can benefit from using them.

  • Holding Small Parts for Effective Machining on a CNC Router

    A non-woven porous material with a special coating enables vacuum chucks and tables to hold sheets of metal and other materials more effectively on CNC routing machines. The material, called Vilmill, is used as a substrate between the sheet or plate material to be machined and a suitable vacuum table or vacuum chuck where it is held securely in place by the vacuum.

  • A Study Of The Steady Rest

    When the length and stiffness of a workpiece make it difficult to machine, many turn to the steady rest.