Introducing The Advanced Manufacturing Center(2)
Modern Machine Shop and its publisher, Gardner Publications, will have what we think is the coolest booth experience we’ve ever presented at IMTS. We’ve named our 60 by 90-foot booth at the entrance to the new West Hall the Advanced Manufacturing Center , presented by Boeing , the University of Sheffield’s Advanc
Modern Machine Shop and its publisher, Gardner Publications, will have what we think is the coolest booth experience we’ve ever presented at IMTS. We’ve named our 60 by 90-foot booth at the entrance to the new West Hall the Advanced Manufacturing Center, presented by Boeing, the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Modern Machine Shop and IMTS.
The Advanced Manufacturing Center at IMTS 2008 is a collaborative display that will showcase a Boeing 787 Dreamliner interior; parts display and process presentations by Boeing Phantom Works; 10 “disruptive” technologies from AMRC manufacturing suppliers; and media displays from Modern Machine Shop and the AMRC.
Here’s more about what you’ll find:
- A Boeing 787 Dreamliner interior display. This full-sized model of a Dreamliner fuselage and cabin will feature dynamic interior/exterior lighting, video displays, seating and more.
- Presentations from Phantom Works. Boeing’s Phantom Works R&D unit will be displaying various aerospace parts machined from aluminum and titanium. In addition, Phantom Works representatives will be giving demonstrations and distributing machining CDs in our booth and delivering formal presentations at the IMTS Innovation Center during Aerospace Day (Wednesday, September 10).
- The AMRC’s 10 “disruptive” technology suppliers and researchers. These suppliers/researchers represent emerging technologies in machining, measurement, tooling, forging, materials and more. Each company will have a presentation kiosk in the booth.
To celebrate this booth display partnership, we are sponsoring the “In Flight/In Touch” contest. Participants can enter to take home these goodies:
- Show grand prize: A 1:100-scale model of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Daily show prize: An 8-GB iPod Touch
- Daily show giveaway to the first 500 registrants: “Taking Flight” T-shirt
- Daily show giveaway: Modern Machine Shop wooden airplane gliders
You can register at any of the Gardner-brand booth kiosks or via the “inTouch” entry card found in the IMTS Directory of Exhibits and the August issue of Modern Machine Shop.
While at the booth, check out Modern Machine Shop’s redesigned magazine layout and revamped Web site, and let us know what you think. In addition, you can grab copies of some of Gardner Publications’ other magazines, such as Production Machining, Automotive Design & Production, MoldMaking Technology, High Performance Composites and Time Compression Technologies.