Knuth Machine Tools to Host Productivity Workshop
The event will focus on machine tool efficiency, highlighting Knuth’s machine tools and Fagor Automation’s CNC technologies.
Knuth Machine Tools (Lincolnshire, Illinois) will host its first annual Productivity Workshop November 30, 2017, with an emphasis on machine tool efficiency. The one-day event will be held at the company’s Lincolnshire facility, with a session in the morning and a repeat of the workshop in the afternoon after lunch and refreshments. The technical seminar will highlight Knuth’s machines and Fagor Automation’s CNC technologies.
Attendees can register for the event on Fagor’s website.
Knuth supplies and manufactures conventional and CNC machine controls for milling, turning, grinding, sawing, drilling, sheet metal and laser cutting machines. Fagor is the company’s Automation Partner.
Several industry experts will be presenting a variety of specific technologies and services. Presenters will include:
- Daniel Maerklin, President of Knuth Machine Tools USA, will present a history of the company, including a look at the present day and future.
- Frank Fontana, VP of Sales with Knuth, will introduce the company’s machine tool lineup.
- Goetz Waehner, National Service Manager of Knuth, will discuss the Knuth service organization as well as preventive maintenance tips and a basic, hands-on electrical troubleshooting course.
- Mark Menconi, Account Manager with MTI sales (Kennametal), will preview the future of tooling with a presentation on cutting tool technology launching in 2018.
- Alex Escamilla, Midwest Sales Manager with Fagor Automation, will present the Fagor Automation CNC and DRO product lineup based on the “Power of Simplicity” philosophy.
- Souli Intounas, Technical Manager with Fagor, will discuss the Fagor Automation Service Department Organization and how it can help customers with its Philosophy of Lifetime Support.
- Jim Jackson, Sales Manager of FactoryWiz (Refresh Your Memory Inc.), will demonstrate how to monitor shopfloor machine tool activity and production output.
- Harvey Sullivan, Relationship Manager with US Bank, will present the advantages and disadvantages of leasing or financing as well as current rates and incentives including the section-179 tax deduction.
Breakout session choices will also be available with subject matter including Fagor CNC simulators, live machine demonstrations, FactoryWiz demonstrations and a facility tour.
Effectively commanding motion on most CNC machines requires more than describing how the CNC machine determines the end point position for each motion.
Today, computer numerical control (CNC) machines are found almost everywhere, from small job shops in rural communities to Fortune 500 companies in large urban areas.
While the mistakes listed here will not sound an alarm or cause a program to fail, they will cause confusion, wasted time and scrap parts.