Knuth Machine Tools to Host Productivity Workshop
The event will focus on machine tool efficiency, highlighting Knuth’s machine tools and Fagor Automation’s CNC technologies.
Knuth Machine Tools (Lincolnshire, Illinois) will host its first annual Productivity Workshop November 30, 2017, with an emphasis on machine tool efficiency. The one-day event will be held at the company’s Lincolnshire facility, with a session in the morning and a repeat of the workshop in the afternoon after lunch and refreshments. The technical seminar will highlight Knuth’s machines and Fagor Automation’s CNC technologies.
Attendees can register for the event on Fagor’s website.
Knuth supplies and manufactures conventional and CNC machine controls for milling, turning, grinding, sawing, drilling, sheet metal and laser cutting machines. Fagor is the company’s Automation Partner.
Several industry experts will be presenting a variety of specific technologies and services. Presenters will include:
- Daniel Maerklin, President of Knuth Machine Tools USA, will present a history of the company, including a look at the present day and future.
- Frank Fontana, VP of Sales with Knuth, will introduce the company’s machine tool lineup.
- Goetz Waehner, National Service Manager of Knuth, will discuss the Knuth service organization as well as preventive maintenance tips and a basic, hands-on electrical troubleshooting course.
- Mark Menconi, Account Manager with MTI sales (Kennametal), will preview the future of tooling with a presentation on cutting tool technology launching in 2018.
- Alex Escamilla, Midwest Sales Manager with Fagor Automation, will present the Fagor Automation CNC and DRO product lineup based on the “Power of Simplicity” philosophy.
- Souli Intounas, Technical Manager with Fagor, will discuss the Fagor Automation Service Department Organization and how it can help customers with its Philosophy of Lifetime Support.
- Jim Jackson, Sales Manager of FactoryWiz (Refresh Your Memory Inc.), will demonstrate how to monitor shopfloor machine tool activity and production output.
- Harvey Sullivan, Relationship Manager with US Bank, will present the advantages and disadvantages of leasing or financing as well as current rates and incentives including the section-179 tax deduction.
Breakout session choices will also be available with subject matter including Fagor CNC simulators, live machine demonstrations, FactoryWiz demonstrations and a facility tour.
Siemens produced this attractive video to illustrate what it sees as a likely representation of the machining facility of the future.
MTConnect agents and their corresponding device adapters are simply small computer programs that work together so that MTConnect can make shop equipment and networks more readily connectible. In a nutshell, adapters enable existing shopfloor devices “to speak MTConnect,” and agents enable MTConnect messages and data files to be transmitted across a network to MTConnect-compatible applications.
Having fully interactive access to shopfloor control software enables supervisors at metal finishing and repair job shop to monitor shop activities and make better decisions on the spot.