Esprit from DP Technology Gets Added Probing Cycles
DP Technology has added a suite of probing cycles to Esprit CAM software. The new features include:
- Offline inspection programming, which enables virtual simulation for program verification and collision detection
- Hassle-free postprocessing and full control over each probing routine
- Compatibility with more CNC machines and probe manufacturers
These capabilities join the probing cycle’s existing features, including:
- Misload detection, which confirms correct part loading and reduces the risk of damage
- On-machine inspection, which generates consistent measurements and eliminates manual measuring errors
- Dynamic tool offsets, which automatically adapt the program considering tool wear
Using Esprit for CNC machines equipped with touch probes will contribute to increased throughput on existing equipment while reducing operator intervention, the company says.
Measuring workpiece dimensions is relatively simple for machine operators but measuring workpiece geometry which involves more complex comparisons of part shape to an ideal shape--is now also practical on the shop floor. The gaging equipment for doing this is coming down in price while becoming easier to use.
Just because dial indicators have been around since the early 1900s, don't expect them to fade away with the last century. This tool's long-term popularity is well earned.
The irregularity of a machined surface is the result of the machining process, including the choice of tool; feed and speed of the tool; machine geometry; and environmental conditions. This irregularity consists of high and low spots machined into a surface by the tool bit or a grinding wheel.